Would you like to be considered to join the Humane Society of Lebanon County’s team? Fill out an employment application or email a detailed resume to the Board of Directors at email@example.com or send to HSLC Board of Directors, 150 N. Ramona Road, Myerstown, PA 17067. We are accepting resumes for the positions listed below. The shelter is always looking for people who love animals just as much as we do to join us in our mission to help the homeless and neglected animals of Lebanon County. If a position becomes available that we feel will be a good fit, we’ll be in touch!
Job Title: Part Time Bookkeeper
Classification: Part- time (Mon., Wed., Fri.- hours to be determined)
Reports To: Board of Directors
Salary: Dependent upon experience
Summary: The Bookkeeper has overall responsibility for payroll and bookkeeping for the organization.
Essential Duties and Functions
Bookkeeping and Financial Responsibility
- Responsible for documentation and review of all daily financial transactions and preparation of deposits.
- Pay invoices by verifying transaction information; preparing disbursements; obtaining authorization of payment. Weekly accounts payable report to the Board of Directors for approval.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by posting account transactions in QuickBooks.
- Maintains financial security by following internal accounting controls.
- Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
- Maintains financial historical records by filing accounting documents..
- Maintains chart of accounts; defining bookkeeping policies and procedures.
- Maintains historical records by filing documents.
- Complies with federal, state and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management/Board of Directors on needed actions.
- Maintains the organization confidence and protects bookkeeping and financial operations by keeping information confidential.
Payroll and Personnel Record Keeping
- Complete accurate and expedient personnel data entry with all required documentation to complete employee payroll on a bi-weekly basis.
- Maintains payroll information to include vacation, sick, personal days, etc.
- Maintain accurate records of time clock information.
- Updates payroll records by reviewing changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, job titles, and transfers.
- Pays employees by printing and issuance of paychecks via Sonrise Tags And Tax LLC.
- Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks.
- High School Diploma or equivalent or higher
- Training and extensive experience in use of QuickBooks
- Excellent Customer Service and Communication Skills
- Available to work flexible scheduling if required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Commitment to the mission, value, goals and success of the Humane Society of Lebanon County.
- Highly motivated, polite and professional mannered.
- Team player, able to work in fast paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Windows.
Please send letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Front Desk/Receptionist
Hours: 9 am to 5 pm Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
Salary: Dependent upon experience
Position requires public contact; therefore, customer service skills are essential to the position.
This position calls for the exercise of proper judgement in the application of prescribed procedures and methods to routine matters.
Must be able to multitask throughout the day. Duties include:
- Answering phones
- Greeting and directing visitors
- Scheduling surrenders/adoptions
- Responding to animal related emergencies
- Contacting authorities when needed
- Ability to operate office equipment such as voice mail messaging and the use of word processing, Microsoft, e-mail and fax.
- Preparing paperwork for intake animals, adoptions, reclaims, rescue groups, vet visits
- Performing various record keeping duties as assigned
- Customer service ability
- Issuing of dog licenses
- Ability to assist other employees when needed
- Keeping office area sanitary, organized and accessible
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
High School Diploma or equivalent. Some experience in the clerical and computer field is a plus. Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment, deal with animals and the public in a neutral and compassionate manner.
For consideration for Front Desk, please send a detailed resume and cover letter to our Board of Directors at email@example.com, fax 717-866-2782 or HSLC Board of Directors, 150 N. Ramona Road, Myerstown, PA 17067
Job Title: Vet Tech
The HSLC is searching for a veterinary technician to assist with surgery two days a week and another week day to perform other surgery/animal care related tasks. Duties will include assisting in surgery and recovery, completing needed paperwork, surgery prep and clean up, administering needed meds and other specified tasks. Salary is negotiable based on experience. If interested, have any questions or would like a more detailed job description, please send resume or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you kindly.
Job Title: Kennel Cattery Manager
The Humane Society of Lebanon County is seeking applications for the position of Kennel/Cattery Manager. The HSLC is a 501(c)3, not for profit, animal welfare organization. The HSLC is the only shelter within Lebanon County. The shelter receives strays from all municipalities, as well as those surrendered by individuals within the county. The HSLC is committed to providing the utmost care to the homeless animals of Lebanon County.
The HSLC is seeking a collaborative, professional, and knowledgeable individual with a passion for animals and a desire to better the lives of homeless animals in the Lebanon County. The person hired for this position will be responsible for overseeing the various day to day operations of the HSLC and will report to the Board of Directors. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, safety, housing, feeding, enrichment and managing staff and volunteers. The manager will also be responsible for maintaining records, following HSLC policy, and compliance with all state/federal laws.
- 2+ years of managerial experience
- Experience working in a shelter/rescue environment
- Desire to work for a non-profit
- Experience with animal behavior
- Knowledge of state and federal animal welfare compliance regulations or willingness to learn.
- Experience with facility upkeep
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Moderate computer skills, including, but not limited to shelter and basic computer software and social media
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Interest in working with volunteers and the community
- Experience speaking with the public
- Weekend and evening work hours
- A willingness to work and report to the Board of Directors
If interested, please send a detailed resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com
Job Title: Animal Care Technician (Dogs, Cats and Small Mammals) (part time)
Reports to: Kennel/Cattery Manager
Salary: Dependent upon experience
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work outside in temperatures from below freezing to over 90 degrees.
- Must be able to work on your feet without a break for a minimum of 4 hours.
- Be able to handle all animals (large and small) with different dispositions without fear.
- Have a working knowledge of various medication and drugs used in the basic care of animals, dosages and how to dispense medications.
- Should understand and be able to show basic procedures on how to restrain an animal.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Daily feeding and cleaning of all animal care areas in the shelter.
- Observe each animal in your assigned area to determine if there are any signs of stress, illness, injury, aggression, abnormal behavior etc. and report all concerns to the Kennel/Cattery Manager or Staff Veterinarian in a timely manner.
- Assist with intake exams, including vaccinating, deworming and any other tests as needed.
- Medicate shelter animals as requested.
- Maintain shelter and animal areas by sweeping, mopping, washing laundry, washing dishes and litter pans, stocking all areas with supplies and any other duties as assigned needed to maintain and keep shelter organized and clean.
For consideration for this position, please send a detailed resume and cover letter to our Board of Directors at firstname.lastname@example.org or HSLC Board of Directors, 150 N. Ramona Road, Myerstown, PA 17067