Shelter Hours of Operation
Tuesday through Sunday – 10 am to 4:30 pm
Wednesday – 10 am to 6:30 pm
Monday – CLOSED
Our shelter is closed to the public on New Year’s Day, Easter Sunday, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day
HUMANE SOCIETY THRIFT SHOP HOURS OF OPERATION
129 Cumberland Street, Lebanon, PA
Thursday through Sunday – 9 am to 3 pm
“The object of the society shall be to provide effective means for the prevention of cruelty of animals; to enforce all laws designed for their protection and to secure in a lawful manner the arrest, conviction and punishment of all persons violating such laws. The society through dissemination of literature and employment of other methods, shall undertake to instruct the people to be kind and considerate in their treatment of animals.”
– May 15, 1939 –
The Humane Society of Lebanon County is a 501c(3) nonprofit organization. The Humane Society of Lebanon receives no funding from the state of Pennsylvania, or from national organizations such as the Humane Society of the United States or the ASPCA. We rely on generous contributions from residents and businesses in our community to help cover our operating expenses. Any and all contributions are greatly appreciated and if you would you like to
donate please click here. Thank you for your support!
We are a member of the Federated Humane Societies of Pennsylvania.
- We are the only animal shelter within Lebanon County.
- We receive stray animals from every and all municipalities within Lebanon County, as well as those surrendered by individual residents of the county who cannot or will not take proper care of their pets.
- We provide shelter, food, medical treatment and behavioral enrichment to our temporary animal residents and work diligently to facilitate their placement into new and loving homes.
- We have a compassionate and devoted staff who are well trained and experienced in animal care and behavior.
- We have a robust volunteer program with dedicated individuals who give our shelter animals the human interaction, love, and socialization they need and deserve.
- We keep accurate and current records of all surrenders, adoptions, and transactions and report them to the Pennsylvania Dog Law Enforcement Bureau.
- We have a part time Humane Society Police Officer on staff to respond to and investigate complaints of cruelty and neglect.
- We have an open door policy for sick or injured strays.
- We have a designated Foster and Rescue coordinator on staff to assist animals who may not thrive in a shelter setting.
The Humane Society of Lebanon is committed to community outreach and education. We have staff qualified to speak to your organization or group and can develop specific programs for your needs. Our speakers can bring with them visual aids, pets, information, literature, etc. We also have an 1800 sq ft Learning Center and education room to accommodate groups for onsite presentations and events. Guided tours of the shelter facilities and grounds available upon request.
If you haven’t been to the shelter lately, please stop by and check out all the wonderful new things happening at the Humane Society of Lebanon County!
Connect with Kim Siar, Interim Shelter Operations Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.