Job Title: Veterinary Technician (part-time or full-time)
This is a part time or full-time position, assisting with spay/neuter surgeries, vaccine clinics, general shelter animal medical care and other duties as assigned by Staff Veterinarian or Shelter Operations Manager.
Reports to: Veterinarian on staff & Shelter Operations Manager
Salary: Based upon experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Assist the public when dropping off animals to be spayed or neutered, ensuring that all pertinent information is documented concerning each animal.
Maintain safe, secure, healthy and humane environment by sterilizing and wrapping instruments; sanitizing and disinfecting holding and operating areas; storing sterile supplies; verifying shelf life; following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations and logs for all controlled substances and medications.
Supports operations by assembling required supplies and instruments; setting-up surgery table instruments; administering pre-operative medications; sedate patients for anesthesia (venipuncture); completing local/regional anesthesia; preparing surgical site; maintaining sterile conditions throughout the day; monitoring patient and assisting as needed during surgery.
Monitor patient, during surgery and post operatively, by documenting animal conditions, reactions, and changes; updating Veterinarian as needed.
Ensure patients’ owner/guardian receives all instructions for post op care of patient and dispense proper medications to owner/guardian as needed.
Clean and disinfect surgical area and supplies after each surgery day, including but not limited to laundry, sweeping, mopping, wrapping surgery packs, sterilizing instruments in autoclave and restocking supplies and materials for the next surgery clinic.
Assist Veterinarian with shelter animal examinations & vaccinations; record all Veterinarians’ exam notes and update sterilization/vaccination status in shelter software system; create Rx med sheets in shelter according to Veterinarian’s orders; update drug log, and schedule any future appointments or surgeries needed for patient per orders.
Adhere to the policies and philosophies of the Humane Society of Lebanon County in the performance of all duties while ensuring the overall wellness, safety, and humane treatment of all animals under the shelter’s care.
Represent the Humane Society of Lebanon County in a professional manner at all times, in appearance, demeanor, and behavior.
For consideration for Veterinary Technician, please send a detailed resume, cover letter and salary requirements to our Board of Directors at email@example.com or HSLC Board of Directors, 150 N. Ramona Road, Myerstown, PA 17067.
Job Title: Animal Care Technician (Dogs, Cats and Small Mammals)(part time, 2 to 3 days per week)
Reports to: Kennel/Cattery Manager
Salary: Dependent upon experience
– Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
– Must be able to work outside in temperatures from below freezing to over 90 degrees.
– Must be able to work on your feet without a break for a minimum of 4 hours.
– Be able to handle all animals (large and small) with different dispositions without fear.
– Have a working knowledge of various medication and drugs used in the basic care of animals, dosages and how to dispense medications.
– Should understand and be able to show basic procedures on how to restrain an animal.
Duties and responsibilities:
– Daily feeding and cleaning of all animal care areas in the shelter.
– Observe each animal in your assigned area to determine if there are any signs of stress, illness, injury, aggression, abnormal behavior etc. and report all concerns to the Shelter Operations Manager or Staff Veterinarian in a timely manner.
– Assist with intake exams, including vaccinating, deworming and any other tests as needed.
– Medicate shelter animals as requested.
– Maintain shelter and animal areas by sweeping, mopping, washing laundry, washing dishes and litter pans, stocking all areas with supplies and any other duties as assigned needed to maintain and keep shelter organized and clean.
For consideration for Animal Care Technician, please send a detailed resume and cover letter to our Board of Directors at firstname.lastname@example.org or HSLC Board of Directors, 150 N. Ramona Road, Myerstown, PA 17067