The Humane Society of Lebanon County is seeking applications for the position of Kennel/Cattery Manager.
The HSLC is a 501(c)3, not for profit, animal welfare organization. The HSLC is the only shelter within Lebanon County. The shelter receives strays from all municipalities, as well as those surrendered by individuals within the county. The shelter has one Humane Officer that investigates reported cases of abuse and neglect. The HSLC is committed to providing the utmost care to the homeless animals of Lebanon County.
The HSLC is seeking a collaborative, professional, and knowledgeable individual with a passion for animals and a desire to better the lives of homeless animals in the Lebanon County. The person hired for this position will be responsible for overseeing the various day to day operations of the HSLC and will report to the Board of Directors.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, safety, housing, feeding, enrichment and managing staff and volunteers. The manager will also be responsible for maintaining records, following HSLC policy, and compliance with all state/federal laws.
- 2+ years of managerial experience
- Experience working in a shelter/rescue environment
- Desire to work for a non-profit
- Experience with animal behavior
- Knowledge of state and federal animal welfare compliance regulations or willingness to learn.
- Experience with facility upkeep
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Moderate computer skills, including, but not limited to shelter and basic computer software and social media
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Interest in working with volunteers and the community
- Experience speaking with the public
- Some weekend and evening work hours
- A willingness to work and report to the Board of Directors
If interested, please send a detailed resume and salary requirements to the Board of Directors at email@example.com or HSLC Board of Directors, 150 N. Ramona Road, Myerstown, PA 17067