Would you like to be considered to join the Humane Society of Lebanon County’s team? Fill out an employment application or email a detailed resume to the Board of Directors at firstname.lastname@example.org or send to HSLC Board of Directors, 150 N. Ramona Road, Myerstown, PA 17067. We are accepting resumes for the positions listed below. The shelter is always looking for people who love animals just as much as we do to join us in our mission to help the homeless and neglected animals of Lebanon County. If a position becomes available that we feel will be a good fit, we’ll be in touch!
Job Title: Kennel Cattery Manager
The Humane Society of Lebanon County is seeking applications for the position of Kennel/Cattery Manager. The HSLC is a 501(c)3, not for profit, animal welfare organization. The HSLC is the only shelter within Lebanon County. The shelter receives strays from all municipalities, as well as those surrendered by individuals within the county. The HSLC is committed to providing the utmost care to the homeless animals of Lebanon County.
The HSLC is seeking a collaborative, professional, and knowledgeable individual with a passion for animals and a desire to better the lives of homeless animals in the Lebanon County. The person hired for this position will be responsible for overseeing the various day to day operations of the HSLC and will report to the Board of Directors. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, safety, housing, feeding, enrichment and managing staff and volunteers. The manager will also be responsible for maintaining records, following HSLC policy, and compliance with all state/federal laws.
- 2+ years of managerial experience
- Experience working in a shelter/rescue environment
- Desire to work for a non-profit
- Experience with animal behavior
- Knowledge of state and federal animal welfare compliance regulations or willingness to learn.
- Experience with facility upkeep
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Moderate computer skills, including, but not limited to shelter and basic computer software and social media
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Interest in working with volunteers and the community
- Experience speaking with the public
- Weekend and evening work hours
- A willingness to work and report to the Board of Directors
If interested, please send a detailed resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com
Job Title: Animal Care Technician (Dogs, Cats and Small Mammals) (part time)
Reports to: Kennel/Cattery Manager
Salary: Dependent upon experience
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work outside in temperatures from below freezing to over 90 degrees.
- Must be able to work on your feet without a break for a minimum of 4 hours.
- Be able to handle all animals (large and small) with different dispositions without fear.
- Have a working knowledge of various medication and drugs used in the basic care of animals, dosages and how to dispense medications.
- Should understand and be able to show basic procedures on how to restrain an animal.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Daily feeding and cleaning of all animal care areas in the shelter.
- Observe each animal in your assigned area to determine if there are any signs of stress, illness, injury, aggression, abnormal behavior etc. and report all concerns to the Kennel/Cattery Manager or Staff Veterinarian in a timely manner.
- Assist with intake exams, including vaccinating, deworming and any other tests as needed.
- Medicate shelter animals as requested.
- Maintain shelter and animal areas by sweeping, mopping, washing laundry, washing dishes and litter pans, stocking all areas with supplies and any other duties as assigned needed to maintain and keep shelter organized and clean.
For consideration for this position, please send a detailed resume and cover letter to our Board of Directors at firstname.lastname@example.org or HSLC Board of Directors, 150 N. Ramona Road, Myerstown, PA 17067