Would you like to be considered to join the Humane Society of Lebanon County’s team? Fill out an employment application or email a detailed resume to the Board of Directors at firstname.lastname@example.org or send to HSLC Board of Directors, 150 N. Ramona Road, Myerstown, PA 17067. All positions are currently filled at this time. We are accepting resumes for future Animal Care Technician vacancies. The shelter is always looking for people who love animals just as much as we do to join us in our mission to help the homeless and neglected animals of Lebanon County. If a position becomes available that we feel will be a good fit, we’ll be in touch!
Job Title: Animal Care Technician (Dogs, Cats and Small Mammals)
Reports to: Kennel/Cattery Manager
Salary: Dependent upon experience
– Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
– Must be able to work outside in temperatures from below freezing to over 90 degrees.
– Must be able to work on your feet without a break for a minimum of 4 hours.
– Be able to handle all animals (large and small) with different dispositions without fear.
– Have a working knowledge of various medication and drugs used in the basic care of animals, dosages and how to dispense medications.
– Should understand and be able to show basic procedures on how to restrain an animal.
Duties and responsibilities:
– Daily feeding and cleaning of all animal care areas in the shelter.
– Observe each animal in your assigned area to determine if there are any signs of stress, illness, injury, aggression, abnormal behavior etc. and report all concerns to the Shelter Operations Manager or Staff Veterinarian in a timely manner.
– Assist with intake exams, including vaccinating, deworming and any other tests as needed.
– Medicate shelter animals as requested.
– Maintain shelter and animal areas by sweeping, mopping, washing laundry, washing dishes and litter pans, stocking all areas with supplies and any other duties as assigned needed to maintain and keep shelter organized and clean.