Would you like to be considered to join the Humane Society of Lebanon County’s team? Fill out an employment application or email a detailed resume to the Board of Directors at email@example.com or send to HSLC Board of Directors, 150 N. Ramona Road, Myerstown, PA 17067. We are accepting resumes for the positions listed below. The shelter is always looking for people who love animals just as much as we do to join us in our mission to help the homeless and neglected animals of Lebanon County. If a position becomes available that we feel will be a good fit, we’ll be in touch!
Job Title: Front Office Receptionist, Two part-time positions
Hours: 8:30 am to 5 pm, Saturday and Sunday (every other weekend)
Salary: Dependent on experience
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
Position requires public contact, therefore customer service skills are essential to the position. This position calls for the exercise of proper judgement in the application of prescribed procedures and methods to routine matters.
Must be able to multitask throughout the day.
Greeting and directing visitors
Responding to animal related emergencies
Contacting authorities when needed
Operating office equipment such as voice mail messaging and the use of word processing, e-mail and fax
Preparing paperwork for intake animals, adoptions, reclaims, rescue groups, vet visits
Performing various record keeping duties as assigned
Issuing of dog licenses
Assisting other employees when needed
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
High School Diploma or equivalent. Some experience in the clerical and computer field is a plus. Willing to work in a fast paced environment, deal with animals and the public in a neutral and compassionate manner.
Job Title: Animal Care Technician (Dogs, Cats and Small Mammals)(part time, 2 to 3 days per week)
Reports to: Kennel/Cattery Manager
Salary: Dependent upon experience
– Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
– Must be able to work outside in temperatures from below freezing to over 90 degrees.
– Must be able to work on your feet without a break for a minimum of 4 hours.
– Be able to handle all animals (large and small) with different dispositions without fear.
– Have a working knowledge of various medication and drugs used in the basic care of animals, dosages and how to dispense medications.
– Should understand and be able to show basic procedures on how to restrain an animal.
Duties and responsibilities:
– Daily feeding and cleaning of all animal care areas in the shelter.
– Observe each animal in your assigned area to determine if there are any signs of stress, illness, injury, aggression, abnormal behavior etc. and report all concerns to the Shelter Operations Manager or Staff Veterinarian in a timely manner.
– Assist with intake exams, including vaccinating, deworming and any other tests as needed.
– Medicate shelter animals as requested.
– Maintain shelter and animal areas by sweeping, mopping, washing laundry, washing dishes and litter pans, stocking all areas with supplies and any other duties as assigned needed to maintain and keep shelter organized and clean.