Would you like to be considered to join the Humane Society of Lebanon County’s team? Fill out an employment application or email a detailed resume and salary requirements to the Board of Directors at firstname.lastname@example.org or send to HSLC Board of Directors, 150 N. Ramona Road, Myerstown, PA 17067. Positions we are actively recruiting for are listed below.
Job Title: Front Office Receptionist
Available: June 2018
Hours: 9 am to 5 pm, Tuesday through Saturday
Salary: Dependent on experience
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
Position requires public contact, therefore customer service skills are essential to the position. This position calls for the exercise of proper judgement in the application of prescribed procedures and methods to routine matters.
Must be able to multitask throughout the day.
Greeting and directing visitors
Responding to animal related emergencies
Contacting authorities when needed
Operating office equipment such as voice mail messaging and the use of word processing, e-mail and fax
Preparing paperwork for intake animals, adoptions, reclaims, rescue groups, vet visits
Performing various record keeping duties as assigned
Issuing of dog licenses
Assisting other employees when needed
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
High School Diploma or equivalent. Some experience in the clerical and computer field is a plus. Willing to work in a fast paced environment, deal with animals and the public in a neutral and compassionate manner.
For consideration for this position, please send a detailed resume and cover letter to our Board of Directors at email@example.com or HSLC Board of Directors, 150 N. Ramona Road, Myerstown, PA 17067
The Humane Society of Lebanon County is seeking applications for the position of Kennel/Cattery Manager.
The HSLC is a 501(c)3, not for profit, animal welfare organization. The HSLC is the only shelter within Lebanon County. The shelter receives strays from all municipalities, as well as those surrendered by individuals within the county. The shelter has one Humane Officer that investigates reported cases of abuse and neglect. The HSLC is committed to providing the utmost care to the homeless animals of Lebanon County.
The HSLC is seeking a collaborative, professional, and knowledgeable individual with a passion for animals and a desire to better the lives of homeless animals in the Lebanon County. The person hired for this position will be responsible for overseeing the various day to day operations of the HSLC and will report to the Board of Directors.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, safety, housing, feeding, enrichment and managing staff and volunteers. The manager will also be responsible for maintaining records, following HSLC policy, and compliance with all state/federal laws.
- 2+ years of managerial experience
- Experience working in a shelter/rescue environment
- Desire to work for a non-profit
- Experience with animal behavior
- Knowledge of state and federal animal welfare compliance regulations or willingness to learn.
- Experience with facility upkeep
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Moderate computer skills, including, but not limited to shelter and basic computer software and social media
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Interest in working with volunteers and the community
- Experience speaking with the public
- Some weekend and evening work hours
- A willingness to work and report to the Board of Directors
If interested in consideration for the Kennel/Cattery Manager, please send a detailed resume and salary requirements to the Board of Directors at firstname.lastname@example.org or HSLC Board of Directors, 150 N. Ramona Road, Myerstown, PA 17067
Job Title: Animal Care Technician (Dogs, Cats and Small Mammals)
Reports to: Shelter Operations Manager
Salary: Dependent upon experience
– Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
– Must be able to work outside in temperatures from below freezing to over 90 degrees.
– Must be able to work on your feet without a break for a minimum of 4 hours.
– Be able to handle all animals (large and small) with different dispositions without fear.
– Have a working knowledge of various medication and drugs used in the basic care of animals, dosages and how to dispense medications.
– Should understand and be able to show basic procedures on how to restrain an animal.
Duties and responsibilities:
– Daily feeding and cleaning of all animal care areas in the shelter.
– Observe each animal in your assigned area to determine if there are any signs of stress, illness, injury, aggression, abnormal behavior etc. and report all concerns to the Shelter Operations Manager or Staff Veterinarian in a timely manner.
– Assist with intake exams, including vaccinating, deworming and any other tests as needed.
– Medicate shelter animals as requested.
– Maintain shelter and animal areas by sweeping, mopping, washing laundry, washing dishes and litter pans, stocking all areas with supplies and any other duties as assigned needed to maintain and keep shelter organized and clean.
The Humane Society of Lebanon County is seeking a full-time Veterinarian to provide exceptional care for our shelter animals.
If you are interested in performing spay and neuter surgeries on dogs and cats and general shelter medical care for the 2,000 plus animals that pass through our doors each year, then we may have the job for you.
Duties include routine high quality, high volume spay/neuter and other surgeries as needed on dogs, cats and other shelter animals as indicated. This position provides direct care and treatment of the homeless animals entering the Humane Society of Lebanon County as well as low cost public spay/neuter and TNR services. Assists in developing, advancing and implementing shelter medicine protocols and delivers and ensures humane medical treatment of all animals. In addition, this position is required to diagnose, treat and/or recommend euthanasia.
Doctor of Veterinarian Medicine (DVM/VMD) or equivalent degree
Current PA Veterinarian License in good standing
Must maintain malpractice insurance
$65,000 – $80,000 dependent on experience